This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for…
1. Ben’s alarm going off at 5:15am every morning = married to the hardest working, committed human being I have ever met.
2. Home alone for 11 days while Ben’s away in Europe on a business trip = (a) me not living out of a suitcase, sleeping in hotels, or away from my family, and (b) people admire his work so much that they want him to go there to present to people that follow him and believe in him all around the world.
3. Laundry on the regular = a nice big family of 6 that surrounds me with more love than I believe I deserve.
4. Rushing kids to Tobin and The Forest Gnomes every day = our little kids having incredible opportunities that are shaping the people they will grow to be some day.
5. Driving hours to get to and from kids’ away games when they’re not even playing = my kids learning the importance of hard work, commitment to a team, and devotion to your family no matter what.
6. Shoe string sweet potato crumbs all over the kitchen floor that requires daily sweeping = food from Paleo Power Meals that keeps my kids excited to eat healthy food…that I don’t have to cook 🙂
7. Rotator cuff surgery = the active lifestyle that I choose to live because I get to do what I love to do for hours every day of my life, a close family friend that I trust in doing my surgery himself, and a team of friends and family that want to help our family survive this upcoming 8 month bump in the road.
8. Constant tugging between my ex-husband and I over who gets the kids all the time = an ex-husband who loves his kids so much that he wants to spend as much time as he can with Maya and Jonah, and has a family of his own that our kids love as much as they love ours.
9. Monthly bills for jiu jitsu, gymnastics, and piano lessons = activities that make my kids smile so much, teach them to use their bodies in different ways that I just can’t teach them myself.
10. Losing touch with friends and wishing we were still close = all of us “growing up” in the world and finally finding loving relationships, getting promotions, and finding new friends that offer new outlooks on life.