Ok, here it is as it’s written on their website.:
Raw Liver Smoothie
Prep Time:5 Min
1/4 cup yogurt/kefir/raw milk (sub coconut milk if you’re on the Whole30)
A small handful berries (blackberries and raspberries work well)
1/2 a banana (I use frozen berries and banana chunks because I like my smoothie semi-frozen)
1 Tbsp frozen liver (either pre-chopped pieces, or just shave off bits with a sharp knife)
2 raw egg yolks (pastured eggs from a source you trust)
1 tsp lemon/lime juice
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
Honey/maple syrup (optional – I do not use any, but some people may prefer a sweeter smoothie)
11. Place all the ingredients except egg yolks into a blender and blend until smooth
22. Plop egg yolks in and pulse a couple times to incorporate (ideally egg yolks shouldn’t be blended too vigorously since they contain delicate proteins)
33. Enjoy! And be prepared for a surge of energy and feeling incredibly smug and badass at having accomplished drinking RAW LIVER like a boss!
crossfit brit http://www.crossfitbrit.com/
I made a couple of modifications this morning:
1. I used a full cup of plain unsweetened kefir.
2. I used strawberries and blueberries, and 1 small banana.
3. 3 ounces of frozen raw liver. I need to go big here.
4. I’m using whole eggs.
5. No sweetener.
6. I added a little of my homemade almond milk.
Tomorrow, I will also add in a teaspoon of chia seeds and a couple big handfuls of spinach.
Listen, we needed options. Eating this stuff straight up was NOT working. We couldn’t do the texture when we pan seared it and just cut it up like steak. Like, GAGGING.
This smoothie is SOOOO much better than I even imagined it would be. It was a weird dynamic between the cinnamon and lemon, but it actually WORKEDDD!!!
Yes, I’m a little nervous about getting a parasite or something, but after scouring the internet and personal friends’ opinions, it sounds like we’re good to go???
This made about a 20 ounce smoothie. I dumped it into a big Yeti so that nothing in there would melt. That way, I took a few big sips on the way to the gym to train, and then the rest of it right after in place of a post-workout protein type shake.
In all honesty, I am looking forward to having it tomorrow…especially, with those couple small additions.
Well, HERE WE GOOOOOO!!! Who else is in?